In this session, Alan will use a real-life example with a $100k ETF Select Sector SPDR portfolio. Covered call writing is a low-risk option-selling strategy that generates weekly or monthly cash flow. This presentation will demonstrate how to implement this strategy using a database of only 11 exchange-traded funds for a one-month option contract cycle. These are real-life trades taken directly from one of Dr. Ellman's portfolios with screenshots verifying each trade. A final monthly contract result compared to the performance of the S&P 500 will be calculated.
Topics included in this webinar:
- What are the Select Sector SPDRs?
- How to establish a covered call writing portfolio
- What is the role of diversification?
- What is the role of cash allocation?
- Calculating initial returns
- Analyzing each trade in the monthly contract
- Final results and next steps
- BCI Package: Our Best and most Comprehensive Investment package